Ever wanted to know what goes on behind the scenes in our butchery? Or how about putting your name down for one of our Butchery Lock-In events?
Below you will find all the relevant information regarding our Butchery Events, simply select a date that has an event to find out more information.
Once a month across the summer months we open our doors and invite up to 15 of you wonderful people over to buy some produce and then cook it outside on one of our many grills (including a Big Green Egg). We provide you with all the essentials to cook your steak and of course, a few drinks to go with it! All that we ask is you bring along a dish or two that you enjoy eating alongside our awesome meat! It’s a great way to meet other like-minded people who are all a bit fanatical about meat and to sit back and enjoy a proper BBQ inside Coxtie Green Farm.
If you are interested in coming along to one of our Butchery Lock-In's, please purchase a deposit that will be refunded against your spend in the shop once you pitch up on the day.
Ranging from Beef to Lamb and everything in between, we have a class to suit your needs. We only allow up to a maximum of 8 people to attend each class, giving us the ability for lots of one to one tuition and explanation.
- 60 minute tour of Coxtie Green Farm, explaining about traditional, ethical farming methods and illustrating Pasture For Life principles in action
- Carcass breakdown and demonstration, in depth conversation alongside live demonstration – showing you exactly where your favourite cuts of meat come from
- Student participation, various tasks depending on which course you have taken – we will show you exactly what to do to trim and tie your very own meat that you will take home
- Food – throughout the course we will have our Big Green Egg simmering away, providing a meal at the end in tandem with the course you have chosen
- Meat - take home what you work on, no one goes home empty handed!