Elevate your midweek meal or take your dinner party centrepiece to the next level, with our flavour-packed one pot chicken bake that's guaranteed to impress.
Inspired by the Mediterranean, made with the best of British
To call this dish a simple chicken stew would be an understatement.
We use Free Range, Herb Fed whole chicken legs together with authentic Chorizo, Nduja, black olives and smoked paprika to create a rich, flavoursome stew that will transport you to a tapas bar in Spain or Italian trattoria.
Not only are our Free Range chicken legs succulent and flavoursome, they're also an affordable meat which reaches its full potential with the addition of big flavours and slow cooking.
Thomas Joseph Butchery Artisanal Produce
We use only the finest quality meats, signature spice blends and artisanal preparation techniques to produce our smoked, cured and deli produce.
As well as being the perfect addition to your charcuterie board with Organic olives, the finest cheese and fresh fruit - dried meats are also great a great addition to meals.
Here's the recipe.
FREE RANGE CHICKEN, CHORIZO & NDUJA STEW
- 4 x Free Range Chicken Legs
- 175g Air dried Chorizo, roughly diced
- 80g Air dried smoked Nduja, roughly diced
- 400g new potatoes (skin on)
- 1 white onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 250ml chicken broth
- 100g kalamata black olives
- 2 bay leaves
- 50g Garlic & herb butter
- 100ml Organic cream
- Himalayan salt & cracked black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 180C and place a large skillet on a medium heat
- Add the butter to the skillet and once melted, add the chicken legs - browning on each side for 2-3 minutes
- Next, add the paprika, Chorizo and Nduja to the skillet and sauté for 2 minutes or so - until the fat renders from the meat and they start to break down
- Add the new potatoes to the skillet and allow to crisp on all sides (until they soak up the excess fat in the pan) then throw in the garlic and onions, sautéing for 5 minutes
- Transfer the skillet contents into a large casserole dish, add the remaining ingredients aside from the cream, stir until combined then cover with a lid and place into the oven
- After 40 minutes, remove the dish from the oven and allow to rest for 10 minutes - before stirring in the cream and enjoying
You can remove the skin from your chicken legs and also drain the excess fat from the Nduja & Chorizo if preferred, but we think they provide an awesome rich flavour you'll not want to miss.
Shopping List 👇