Barbecue lamb koftas are the perfect dish to welcome in summer - made with seasonal spring lamb that's perfectly cooked over the flames, for juicy and flavoursome charred kofta kebabs.
A MIDDLE EASTERN FEAST, THAT'S DECEIVINGLY SIMPLE
Koftas are a traditional Middle Eastern dish usually made with ground beef or lamb.
The minced meat is seasoned with a special blend of spices before being formed into a sausage shape onto a skewer, much like a kebab.
They might sound fancy and exotic, but koftas could not be easier or simpler to make.
Instead of overcomplicating things, this recipe uses just mince, garlic, spices and herbs - allowing the meat to be the star of the show.
THOMAS JOSEPH BUTCHERY GRASS FED BRITISH LAMB MINCE
When meat is the main ingredient of any recipe, you need to make sure that you choose the best quality available.
Our Grass Fed lamb mince is dry aged for a minimum of 7 days to produce a superior flavour profile and succulent, juicy meat.
Its sourced from lambs which are pasture-raised right here in the UK, for meat that is the gold standard in both quality and ethics.
Extremely versatile, you can use your Grass Fed Dry Aged lamb mince to make anything from a rich and tasty ragu to juicy burgers and our signature lamb koftas. Here's the recipe.
SPICED GRASS FED LAMB KOFTAS RECIPE
- 500g Grass Fed Dry Aged lamb mince
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons hot chilli powder
- Large handful fresh mint, finely chopped
- Olive oil
- Himalayan salt & cracked black pepper
- Place your meat into a large bowl and then add all of the remaining ingredients
- Use your clean hands to massage the garlic, herbs, spices and oil into meat, until well combined and consistent
- Divide the mixture into 8-10 roughly even sized balls
- Thread each ball onto a metal or water-soaked wooden skewer, squeezing to form a longer sausage shape
- Cook your koftas on a hot griddle or BBQ for 3-4 on each side, turning only once the meat is sealed and caramelised
- Serve your koftas with fresh salad, extra mint and your favourite condiments - then enjoy!
Shopping list essentials 👇