Midweek meals don't have to be boring, and weekend feasts don't need to be laborious. Here's our one pot chicken fajita traybake recipe.
One Pot Recipes: Fool Proof & Family Proof
You can’t beat a one pot recipe that will feed the whole family with minimal washing up afterwards.
Our chicken fajita traybake is the perfect treat to enjoy any evening, for something a little more flamboyant than the usual midweek meals – with masses of flavour.
However, it’s also really healthy and nutritious – and won’t leave you feeling overindulged but instead, super satisfied.
Serve simply with sour cream and fresh coriander, or alongside tortilla wraps and rice for a Mexican feast.
Thomas Joseph Butchery Free Range Herb Fed Chicken Breasts
Chicken breasts are a staple ingredient which we couldn’t go without, but don’t always know what to do with to make them reach their full potential.
When you start with Free Range and Herb Fed chicken breasts, you’re 99% there with a superior flavour and texture that is unrivalled and makes mass-produced chicken breasts pale in comparison.
Our plump and generously sized chicken breasts are the perfect vessel to soak up your homemade fajita spice blend, before roasting to juicy perfection.
- 600g Free Range Herb Fed chicken breasts
- 2 large red onions, thinly sliced
- 2 large red peppers, thinly sliced
- 2 red or green chillies
- 400g tin black beans
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 150g sour cream
- 25g fresh coriander
- Olive oil
- Sea salt & cracked black pepper
Homemade Spice Blend
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon hot chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- Preheat your oven and a large, deep baking tray to 200C
- Slice your chicken into 2cm chunks widthways, then season generously with salt and pepper
- Add a generous glug of olive oil to a large bowl, followed by the spice blend and tomato puree – mixing together until evenly combined
- Throw in your chicken chunks, peppers, onion and chillies – tossing to coat all ingredients in the fajita seasoning
- Carefully transfer your chicken fajita mix into the hot baking dish, then roast in the oven for 15 minutes
- Drain your black beans and add to the fajita traybake, roasting for a further 5 minutes
- Serve your chicken fajita traybake with some fresh coriander and a dollop of sour cream – then tuck in
Shopping List 👇