A sausage casserole is equal amounts of simple, comforting and delicious - the perfect midweek meal for all the family.
We Don't Mess with the Classics
Sausage casserole should be - well - sausage casserole. Packed with the delicious flavours of Free Range pork sausages, seasoned with just a handful of select ingredients and made hearty with wholesome root veg.
We let our sizzling sausages speak for themselves and do all the hard work flavouring the casserole, for a nutritious and satisfying meal the whole family will enjoy.
The Thomas Joseph Free Range Sausage
The Thomas Joseph Sausage is our signature sausage made with only the finest Free Range pork.
We combine the classic ingredients of pork with earthy and flavoursome sage & nutmeg - mirroring the pork stuffing flavours we all know and love.
Unlike store-bought sausages which are mostly crammed with unwanted preservatives, artificial ingredients and additives - TJ sausages (as they're known) are freshly prepared with 100% natural ingredients.
They're generously sized too, with 6 sausages being the ideal amount for your casserole - and enough to keep the whole family satisfied
Here's the recipe.
SIMPLE SAUSAGE CASSEROLE FOR ALL THE FAMILY
- 6 x Thomas Joseph Free Range Sausages (600g)
- 1 large white onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and cut into eighths
- 4 large carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoons brown sauce
- 2 bay leaves
- 400ml vegetable stock
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 45g garlic & herb butter
- Add the butter to a large casserole dish on a medium heat and preheat your oven to 180C
- Meanwhile, prick your sausages with a fork (to stop them from exploding) then add to the pot with the melted butter - cooking for 5 minutes or so and turning regularly
- Next, add the onion, garlic and bay leaves to the pot - sauté for another 5 minutes until the onions are cooked and the veggies are fragrant
- Add the remaining ingredients to the pot and stir until everything is well combined - pop into the oven and cook for 45 minutes to 1 hour
- Serve with some buttered greens and an extra dollop of brown sauce
You can also prepare this dish using your slow cooker. Simply follow steps 1-3 and then transfer all of your ingredients into a slow cooker pot, set to medium and cook for 4-6 hours - then enjoy.
Shopping List 👇